-Any cut of beef for stir fry, preferably filet mignon for more tender results
-one half of an onion cut into wedges
-few stalks of scallions cut into 2 inch sections
-madras curry powder
-hot chili pepper
-fish sauce, sugar, pepper
1. Slice the beef thinly against the grain. Put in bowl
2. Add minced garlic, curry powder, chopped lemongrass, chili peppers, fish sauce, sugar, black pepper to the beef.
3. Let marinade for at least half an hour. Can be up until a day.
4. Heat oil, add garlic, add in beef and stir fry on very high heat briefly until beef cooks. Do not cook beef too long it will become tough.
5. Remove the beef from pan and set aside.
6. In the same pan, add in a bit more oil, add in the white onion and stir fry until almost soft, add in the chilip peppers and the scallions and stir fry some more for about a minute.
7. Add the beef back in and briefly mix it.
8. Serve hot with rice.